Waste heat recovery
Save up to 14% on energy use and carbon emissions with Alfa Laval boiler technology that recovers waste heat from your main and auxiliary engines.
From waste heat to added value
- Recover heat from both main and auxiliary engines
- Meet your steam needs in port and at sea
- Systems can boost propulsion
- Leverage overlooked heat sources, for example to superheat steam, to meet energy needs and emissions regulations
- Integration optimizes recovery and savings
Cut costs and limit CO2 generation. 50% of your main engine’s fuel energy goes to heat flow. Alfa Laval’s Aalborg technology maximizes waste heat recovery from all sources, benefitting your bottom line and the environment – without compromising onboard safety.
Alfa Laval Test & Training Centre
At our Test & Training Centre, our marine equipment and applications are tested on the scale of an oceangoing ship – but with the control and convenience that cannot exist at sea.
Waste heat recovery solutions for any vessels
Our Aalborg waste heat recovery solutions can improve the energy efficiency of any vessel. Our extensive experience lets us design and install systems that maximize energy gains without any compromise in onboard safety.
- Main engine(s)
- Auxillary engine(s)
- Oil-fired boiler
- Auxillary engine waste heat recovery
- Main engine waste heat recovery